The Clock Tower is a defining feature of the courthouse, set asymmetrically above The Great Arch and visible for blocks, rising to a four-story height of 114 feet. Arched openings at the top of the tower provide visitor access to balconies surrounded by decorative iron railings, providing 360 panoramic views.

The Clock Tower houses one of the last remaining working tower clocks made by the Seth Thomas Clock Company. Installed in 1929, the clock still functions and keeps time for the community on its four tower faces. Visitors are encouraged to enjoy the exquisite Bisno Schall Clock Gallery inside the courthouse to admire the workings of the clock and learn the history of horology. (This is currently closed due to COVID-19.) The Clock Gallery has its own website which, along with other courthouse sites, can be accessed from our Home page.